Varieties of hosting services
A hosting service means storing and/or sharing given web content on a server managed by a web hosting distributor. There are different forms of hosting services used for different goals, so let's take a gaze at them. Doing so, you can choose what you need, depending on whether you wish to create a web page, email aliases, or to share files with mates and acquaintances.
- File hosting: a solution furnished by particular providers, which enables you to share bulky files. These could be disk images, films, audio files, archived documents, etc. This service is also known as file storage, and its sole function is to share files, since it does not offer web site uploading. Once the files are uploaded, you will either receive a randomly generated download link for each of them, or you will be able to view a record of all the files in a directory, but you will not be able to view .html or .php website files in your web browser. Free-of-cost file storage plans frequently involve adverts by the download links, while a timer compels you to wait for a given stretch of time to view them. A single file can be downloaded with limited speed. If you have a paid file storage package, there are no restrictions as to how many files you can upload/download right away, and also there is no restriction when it comes to the download speed or the file size.
Now, with the assistance of the cPanel hosting merchants, "file hosting" is being renamed to the more voguish "cloud hosting". This is an entirely unsuitable interpretation of the real definition of "cloud hosting". An actual cloud website hosting system would allocate the load between separate hosts of servers in a cluster, which are dedicated to serving different site hosting services (electronic mail, web space, stats, DNS, databases, hosting Control Panel, etc.) So, the file hosting service is only a brand of a data storage hosting solution, not a cloud hosting one. It's not even near.
- Image hosting: close to file hosting; given suppliers provide a hosting service for images only. This hosting kind is suitable if you would like to share a large number of pics with comrades or colleagues since the solution is commonly free of cost. You will obtain a randomly generated link for each image or album and you can subsequently share this link. As with the file hosting solution, .html and .php files are not supported, so the solution cannot be used for websites.
- E-mail hosting: a service committed to managing your email address accounts. Some firms provide web space hosting solutions for web sites, but do not provide an e-mail solution. If you want to create a mail address with your domain name but do not want to have a site, then the e-mail hosting solution is what you want. You can set up email mailbox accounts and administer them, but there will be no hosting service for the domains. The e-mail hosting service involves incoming POP/IMAP and outgoing SMTP servers.
- Video hosting: this service allows you to upload and share video clips. You can either share a link to a given video clip, or you can embed the video file in your web site that is hosted somewhere else. The advantage of using this method instead of uploading the video file in a web hosting account is that the video brings about a certain amount of CPU load, so with a handful of videos and several hundred viewers, you may have difficulty with your hosting reserves. Embedding the video will allow you to keep as many video files as you wish without worrying about system supplies.
- Web page hosting: this is the solution that you require if you would like to keep a site. To some degree, it involves all of the aforesaid hosting brands since, along with your sites, you can also host images and files, you can keep databases and email aliases, upload video files, etc. At WebHost-ing.com, for instance, you can have a glimpse at web hosting and dedicated web hosting plans that allow you to have all of the abovementioned services in a single place. There may be limitations depending on the form of hosting solution that you've settled on - a free hosting package, a paid shared hosting account, a VPS or a dedicated server. Depending on that, your web page hosting plan may be better or worse in comparison with the normal email/file/video/image hosting accounts that are meant for specific content exclusively.